About the Program
Organizing for Power’s Core Fundamentals is a skills-based training that takes place on 6 consecutive Wednesdays from the 8th of February until the 15th of March.
Registration is free and open exclusively to groups of 10+ organizers, because we’re only going to win if we’re in this together.
Organizing for Power is a training and networking program that, since its founding in 2019, has welcomed more than 25,000 organizers from 130 countries. Led by Jane McAlevey and hosted by the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, O4P is based on the radical notion that, to win the changes this world needs, we need to get a whole lot better at talking to – and organizing with – people who don’t already agree with us.
The world is burning, new and old conflicts are intensifying by the day, and the rich are getting richer than ever off the backs of an increasingly exploited global working class. For working people, the challenge is to use the strength of our numbers, to build majority-led disciplined structures that come together around shared goals and win the campaigns that we launch.
Our Core Fundamentals training focuses on how to do this. Across six weeks – in global plenaries as well as facilitated small group work, and through campaign practice assignments that we expect you to complete – we teach the five core fundamentals of organizing, each a crucial piece for building disciplined majorities capable of fighting and winning:
- leader identification: understanding who can move people, and that it’s often not who you first think;
- semantics: recognizing that the words we use matter – they must center each worker’s active participation as key to winning;
- structured organizing conversations: preparing what it takes to win over the hardest-to-move leaders;
- charting: incorporating a simple method to understand human social relationships, and to prioritize and systematize outreach;
- structure tests: developing mini campaigns to build solidarity and site structure, and to know when you are ready to win.
Registration is free and open exclusively to groups of 10+, and larger organizations should consider enrolling 30, 50, or even 100+ members.
Our registration form is designed for people willing to serve as the contact person for their group of 10+. This person will be responsible for registering their group’s members and should serve as the point person in all subsequent communications with the O4P team.
Registration is open from now until February 1st. If you don’t yet have 10 people, you still have time to get there. After all, we are only going to win if we’re in this together. So talk to your people now, and get ready to join a growing global community committed to building the tools necessary to organize for power.
If you have additional questions, contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from and seeing you soon.